Applies to women only: Obtain permission from husband to leave the home
According to art. 54 of Royal Decree 32/97 promulgating the Personal Status Law, the wife is not entitled to financial support if she leaves the matrimonial domicile without a valid sharia-based reason.
Time and cost: 1 day, no charge
Obtain a certificate of good standing by the police
The entrepreneur needs to go to the police station and obtain a certificate of good standing.
This document is required to register the company.
Time and cost: 1 day, OMR 5
Register the company and employees at the online one-stop shop portal (Invest Easy Portal)
Agency: Commercial Registry
The entrepreneur can check the availability of the desired company name online. To register, the entrepreneur uploads the following documents to the Invest Easy portal (https://www.business.gov.om):
- Passport (copy) or identity cards of shareholders;
- Passport (copy) or identify cards of all intended authorized signatories;
- Standard company registration forms, including the constitutive contract (the articles of association) signed by the shareholders;
- Certificate of good standing by the police;
- Applications for any specific licenses, depending on the nature of the proposed activities.
Upon submission of the required documents, the applicant pays the fees online, according to the specified capital of the company along with the application tracking number, and indicates his/her preference for the notification on the status of the application: by phone, SMS, or email.
Through the same portal, the entrepreneur must also register with the Oman Chamber of Commerce and Industry,uploading a completed application form, along with the company statutes and paying the relevant fees depending on the grade of the company. The payable fees are as follows:
- For a company of Excellent grade, i.e. startup capital of OMR 250,000 or more, the registration fees are OMR 585 and the annual renewal fees are OMR 279.
- For a company of First grade, i.e. startup capital between OMR 100,000 and 249,000, the registration fees are OMR 225 and the annual renewal fees are OMR 108.
- For a company of Second grade, i.e. startup capital between OMR 50,000 to 99,000, the registration fees are OMR 128 and the annual renewal fees are OMR 73.
- For a company of Third grade, i.e. startup capital between OMR 25,000 to 49,000, the registration fees are OMR 78 and the annual renewal fees are OMR 45.
- For a company of Fourth grade, i.e. startup capital between OMR 3,000 to 24,000, the registration fees are OMR 33 and the annual renewal fees are OMR 25.
Lastly, the entrepreneur can also register its employees at no extra cost. This can be done through the Invest Portal at the same time as she/he applies for the Commercial Registration. Once the Commercial Registration is issued, the information about the company is automatically transmitted to the Ministry of Manpower.
Time and cost: 1 – 2 days, OMR 40 for business registration (for a duration of 5 years) + OMR 128 for Chamber of Commerce
Notification of the Tax Department of the Finance Ministry
Agency: Tax Department of the Finance Ministry
The company must register at the Tax Department under the Income Tax Law. Registration includes submitting a completed Declaration of Business Particulars form.
Time and cost: 1 day, no charge
Make a company seal
Agency: Seal maker
The MOCI has discontinued the procedure of obtaining specimen signature forms for the purposes of registration of authorized signatories. The authorized signatories are now only mentioned in the constitutive contract of the company and are listed on the commercial registration certificate of the company. A letter signed by any authorized signatory showing the name and registration number of the company will be sufficient.
Time and cost: 2 days (simultaneous with previous procedure), OMR 20